Last Updated: December 30, 2019
We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On our Websites.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and our Websites.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from our Websites.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Websites.
Children Under the Age of 16
Although our Websites are education-related, their content is targeted to parents and adult guardians of our students. No one under age 16 may provide any personal information to or on our Websites without parent or guardian permission and supervision. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on our Websites, register on the Websites, any of the interactive or public comment features of our Websites, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use, without parental consent. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16 obtained without parental consent, please contact us at email@example.com. We do not sell personal information of minors under 16 without affirmative authorization.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Websites, including information:
- By which you or your student may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, age, and grade level ("personal information");
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as information regarding how you learned about the company, and academic interests; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Websites, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our affiliates and business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Websites may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Websites. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Websites, subscribing to receive information about our company, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us (or when your student enters a contest or promotion with your permission), and when you report a problem with our Websites.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Your search queries on the Websites.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Websites, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on our Websites.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is anonymized statistical data. It helps us to improve our Websites and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Websites according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Websites.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Websites and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages, or opened an email, and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Websites and their contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To notify you about changes to our Websites.
- To notify you about any products or services we provide though our Websites or otherwise offer.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Websites.
- For marketing purposes, we may provide photographs of school events or parent testimonials including photographs of parents and children on our Websites, but only with your express permission. If you wish to remove a photograph or testimonial from our websites, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us through our Websites.
We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Higher Ground Education Inc.
10 Orchard Ste 200
Lake Forest CA 92630
EXPLORE A REWARDING, IMPACTFUL CAREER IN EDUCATION
EXPLORE A REWARDING, IMPACTFUL CAREER IN EDUCATION
Take the first step to open up future possibilities, and become a fully certified Montessori teacher in under 15 months.
To help bring forth a Montessori future, we have combined unprecedented accessibility with deep rigor and high standards. Our programs provide a variety of flexible options that accommodate your goals and schedule, while ensuring you receive a quality educational experience.
- Discover course information and program details
- Explore tuition, payment plans, financial aid, and direct job placement
- Join a community of adult learners passionate about delivering Montessori education